Two centers of pilgrimage, two shrines for true connoisseurs of art are very close to Venice. This Gallery of the Academy and Scuola Grande San Rocco. Gallery of the Academy was formally founded by the Senate of Venice, 12 September 1750. The first director of the Academy was Giambattista Piazzetta. Under the building of the Louvre, used Venetian church of Santa Maria della Carita in the adjoining room of the monastery of Lateran Canons. Geographically Gallery Academy is located near the confluence of the Grand Canal in a lagoon, a 15-minute leisurely walk from Piazza San Marco, opposite the bridge of the Academy, which was built during the ownership of Venice by the Austrians.
Scuola San Rocco, with the same name by the church next to the famous acting Frary. Both galleries are museums of the highest order – the guardians of the highest achievements of world art. One listing of names – Giorgione, Carpaccio, Bellini, Titian, Vernoze, Tintoretto, Francesco Guardi, Vivarini, Bernardo Strozzi – leads to the thrill of a true lover of art. And some artists, such as Vernoze and Tintoretto are not individually, but entire rooms. Describe yourself painting does not make sense. They are best seen. While some tourists and limit visits to galleries as soon as a visit to the beautiful cafe at the entrance. Saves time, but to visit Venice and not be in its museums is like that go into a restaurant and have lunch.